Account Receivable Manager
This position is responsible for managing large volume accounts receivable for various clients as well as supervising the Accounts Receivable Representatives. This position will be responsible for managing, controlling and reviewing all aspects of the collection functions to ensure timely collection of receivables and maintaining credit risk at the optimum level.
The position will manage a staff of up to 10 collectors, and the duties include, but not limited to, weekly meetings with individual collectors for collection updates, direct collection handling of accounts with issues, and meeting with the Finance Director for AR updates.
Essential Job Functions
- Collection of commercial accounts receivable for large clients
- Account reconciliations
- Running reports
- Decrease day's sales outstanding.
- Work with sales team to lower accounts receivable.
- Assist AR Representatives with questions, escalations, paperwork, and training.
- Review / approve multiple forms such as: refund requests, cash application offsets, credit adjustments for pricing, sales tax, and shipping and handling, write-offs, credit/rebills etc.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Accounts Payable, Billing, Credit, and Sales Tax on requests and specifically during month end closings.
- Update and maintain customer accounts.
- Provide Management on a monthly basis status of my portfolio.
- Provides a monthly management report for department and special projects.
- Provides Weekly Report to PCC.
- Provides Quarter End Reports.
- Provides Bonus Reports.
Review entire Aging Weekly: 40%
• Run aging
• Sort 5 ways for aging purposes
• Review highest balances to ensure proper handling
• Implement new procedures to improve department
• Run weekly invoiced report to ensure all $10K invoices are addressed.
- At least 5 years of commercial collections experience
- Experience dealing with a large volume of corporate accounts (in excess of 200 accounts) and monthly A/R portfolio of at least 1 million.
- We will also consider candidates with experience dealing with accounts in excess of 200 but with smaller volume or someone who has dealt with less than 200 accounts but experience managing large monthly A/R volume of 3 to 7 million.
- Commercial collections experience (has to be at least 2 full year of experience in commercial collections)
- Supervisory experience in a similar company structure.
- Experience working with Fortune 500 clients.
- Working with Fortune 100 customers is highly desired
- Account reconciliation and experience with reconciliation of short payments.
- Successful experience decreasing DSO (Days Sales Outstanding).
- Experience working with Sales Reps or a Sales team is highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel.