Salary up to $89,675, based on experience
RELOCATION EXPENSE AUTHORIZED
Join the U.S. Navy?s team of civilians supporting military members from around the globe here at the Navy Exchange (NEX) in Bethesda, Maryland. Do you have strong retail management skills and are looking for an organization that makes a difference in the lives of our armed services? Making that difference is what we do to improve the quality of life for our service members. The Navy Exchange is a global organization providing retail and services to authorized patrons, so we are not readily known in the retail industry because it?s a military non-pay benefit for those who have served or are currently serving our country.
To learn more about us, and to apply, go to www.mynavyexchage.com
Leadership & management with responsibility for the development and effective execution of business strategies and programs for assigned retail divisions to maximize sales opportunities within a retail location(s) with annual sales ranging from $15-20 million. The division includes: electronics, home/domestics, food, beverage (w/alcohol), pet, health/beauty, cleaning supplies, stationery, and more.
Responsible for the development and effective execution of business strategies and programs for assigned retail divisions to maximize sales opportunities within the individual store.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Monitors and maximizes operational performance. Develops financial (sales, inventory, etc.) projections for assigned departments, analyzes operational reports to ensure goals are met. Initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Develops, implements and maximizes divisional store merchandising strategies and promotional programs. Reviews submissions from buyers and recommends/establishes advertising requirements for store and regional sales events. Assists in developing advertising schedules.
- Keeps abreast of current industry/market trends for assigned departments, through industry publications and personal contacts. Coordinates and conducts comparisons with other retailers to benchmark business practices.
-Reviews merchandise stock structure for all NEX locations. Coordinates the development and implementation of model stock plans, seasonal buying plans and the introduction of new items/lines with buyers. Identifies and recommends merchandise classifications appropriate for the store/region. Ensures merchandise in-stock conditions and inventory levels are consistent with NEXCOM merchandise standards and store operating objectives. Provides feedback to merchandise buyers regarding product saleability, local demand, slow/fast moving items, etc.
- Ensures maximum utilization of vendor assets to achieve store requirements and objectives.
- Monitors and ensures effective replenishment method for assigned departments.
- Coordinates product knowledge and job skills training for department managers and sales associates.
- Supervises assigned personnel. Staffs key vacancies, evaluates performance, takes corrective action, etc. Operates as an integral part of the Navy Exchange complex management staff, including providing supervisory oversight to store operations as assigned.
- Exercises a high degree of initiative and business judgement in achieving objectives. Maintains liaison with NEXCOM and regional merchandising and operating staffs regarding business strategies and programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
A total of 5 years consisting of the following:
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Three years experience gained in operational, administrative, merchandising, retail sales or other responsible work which enabled the applicant to gain a general knowledge of merchandising, sales or inventory practices and procedures; skill in dealing with others in person-to-person work relationships and the ability to exercise mature judgment. And Specialized Experience.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: One year of academic study above the high school level may be substituted for 9 months of experience, up to a maximum of a 4 year bachelor's degree for 3 years of general experience. And Specialized Experience.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Two years of progressive experience which provided a background in retail merchandising, such as: coordination of sales promotions, display of merchandise, control of inventory stock and records; customer relations; exempt or non-exempt supervisory experience; and insuring effective security, safety and fire regulations; or similar work which demonstrated the knowledge and ability within the retail management area for which responsible.