KONTEK Systems Inc. is a design/build audiovisual integration firm headquartered in Durham, North Carolina. KONTEK is a small, hardworking, locally owned, employee-centered company. For almost 30 years, we’ve provided our educational, medical, and corporate clients with cutting-edge AV technologies, concept designs, system engineering, installation, custom feature and millwork integration, and long-term support for all their AV needs.
- Manage the pre-install, fabrication, and installation phases of KONTEK’s integrated AV projects, in the KONTEK shop, and in the field;
- Review project drawings, site surveys, and site pictures prior to the install kick-off meeting;
- As necessary, complete site walk through with the PM and go over all details of the install;
- Onsite supervision and leadership of KONTEK field installation teams to ensure system installation and commissioning is completed according to KONTEK standards, within budget and on time, while ensuring excellent client satisfaction;
- Perform minor DSP changes and load control code as necessary;
- Supervise and coordinate final commissioning and closeout on installed KONTEK AV systems;
- Account for all KONTEK materials and labor costs associated with installation projects;
- Work closely with Project Manager;
- Understanding of AV hardware, software, and control technical concepts required to configure, verify, and commission AV systems;
- Knowledge of IT technologies and applications (wired and wireless network infrastructure) as they apply in the ever-changing AV universe
- Work for a company with unreasonably high standards of AV excellence.
- Work in a downtown Durham company HQ.
- 40-45 hours/week; salary based on qualifications and experience.
- Minimal travel outside of the Triangle/NC area.
- Great advancement opportunities.
- Health insurance, PTO, 401K, and company profit sharing.
- A superb team player with high energy; meticulous and organized working style a plus.
- 4 years of A/V installation experience.
- 3 years supervisory experience of installation teams on job sites.
- Valid NC driver’s license required.
- Excellent computer skills in Windows and/or Mac OS environments (geek status encouraged).
- CTS certification preferred, CTS-I certification a plus.
- Crestron, Extron, Polycom, Biamp, Cisco, or other AV certifications a plus.
- Project management experience a plus.
- A warped sense of humor a big plus.
- A PhD or equivalent degree in pre-Soviet comparative Russian literature encouraged.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply in writing with resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
KONTEK Systems is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, under-represented minorities, individuals with disabilities, LGBTQ, and gender non-conforming applicants are encouraged to apply. We also do not discriminate amongst alumni of Duke, UNC, NCCU, ECU, WFU, NCSU, or other institutions of higher learning. All qualified are encouraged to apply!