- Maintain databases (Aurora, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server) including setup, configuration, administration, tuning, troubleshooting, data manipulation, and backups.
- Work closely with software developers providing platform selections, database design, database architecture, SQL programming, consultation, and technical guidance.
- Perform requirements gathering, business design, technical design, development, testing, and implementation.
- Write reliable and efficient code, queries, stored procedures, cursors, triggers, and scripts in PostgreSQL/MySQL and other platforms
- Recommend hardware configurations as they pertain to database performance and high availability.
- Monitor database performance.
- Experience working in AWS; hands on deployment and management of Amazon RDS, DynamoDB.
- 6+ years of experience as a Database Administrator and/or Database Architect.
- Experience in SQL Server including advanced skills in the effective use of database tools.
- Experience or an understanding of commercially available data replication software packages.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
This is a 6-Month Contract to Hire opportunity with our Overland Park, KS client. 100% Paid employee Medical/Dental Benefits, Paid time off, Paid Holidays, and 401k (with immediately-vested company match) available with TriCom during the contract period. H1-B Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. No third-parties.