Absence Management Payroll Coordinator
CLAIM YOUR FUTURE AS A GREAT PERFORMER!
Providing both satisfying and challenging work along with a highly professional and friendly work atmosphere, Sedgwick has a strong commitment to its colleagues and its clients. If you are seeking a place where you can do great things for those whose lives you touch while maximizing your own career possibilities, Sedgwick is the place for you. As the largest and most innovative Third Party Administrator in the claims industry and the first and only TPA to receive both recognition as the Best TPA in America and the coveted Employer of Choice designation, we invite you to come be a part of our team and, "Claim Your Future."
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To process payroll actions based on changes in leave status; to ensure the accurate and timely entry of data/ and to support delivery of the highest quality of customer service as a point of contact for internal and external customers and clients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures data integrity by accurately interpreting the leave and disability claims data coding hierarchy and applying the correct leave and disability codes into the payroll and time and attendance systems.
- Reviews reports for claim accuracy; processes and balances colleague time card file based on client's paid time off policy.
- Responds to inquiries from Human Resources and internal business partners regarding plan provisions and administrative procedures.
- Assists department in evaluating results of absence programs and best practices in absence administration.
- Assists management with special projects as assigned.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
Associate degree with business or computer related courses from an accredited college or university preferred.
Two (2) years of administrative support experience or equivalent combination of experience and education required. Human Resources/Payroll experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Working knowledge of leave of absence, workers compensation and disability leave regulations
- Oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental: Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical: Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual: Hearing, vision and talking
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer