Ashworth College is a nationally accredited institution that provides effective, affordable and flexible online career-focused education opportunities. Currently, Ashworth offers more than 125 programs spanning online career certificate, associate degree, bachelor’s degree and master’s degree programs. Offerings are in high-demand fields including healthcare, business, creative services, education and trades. As a responsible model of education, Ashworth College delivers high student ROI: the College has a 91 percent student satisfaction rate, 93 percent of students report achieving their goals upon completing their studies and students graduate without student loan debt. Additionally, over its nearly 30-year history, Ashworth has graduated more than 300,000 students. The College is committed to providing students with a practical education so they can achieve their education and career goals on their terms.
If you are passionate about education and feel you’ve got what it takes to provide an exceptional experience to our potential students, we want to talk to you.
The Academic Advisor is responsible for providing excellent education service to students enrolled in Career, High School and Degree programs of study. The Academic Advisor will engage the students with the goal of increasing course completion and graduation rates as students successfully progress through their program of study.
Preferred Science OR Math Experience
REQUIRED SHIFT: Varies Monday-Friday
Role of Academic Advisor (AA):
Academic Advisor provides support in these main ways:
1. Provide discipline specific academic tutoring support
2. Provide curriculum development support to the curriculum development team
3. Provide encouragement, display empathy and use tools provided to support students that have been targeted for intervention and remediation.
4. Engage with students through community and multi-media channels
5. Engage and support SMEs, teachers, instructors, and/or faculty to support student learning
6. Contribute to documentation, monitoring, and reporting of student progress.
7. Involved in using data to evaluate student learning progression
8. Grade assignments that have been assigned and deemed appropriate for the Advisor’s skill and
9. Understand and adhere to all policies, practices and procedures.
Overall, Academic Advisors seek to help students understand various academic subjects, concepts, and/or solve specific problems. AA’s must be patient and understanding, as well as be able to assist, evaluate, motivate, develop and integrate students in mastering a program or course learning objectives.
Assist: An AA’s main job responsibility is to assist students academically in whichever subject(s) the students are seeking improvement.
Motivate: An AA should always try to motivate students and provide them with confidence. Students need to have positive reinforcements to successfully complete their tasks.
Develop: AA’s help students develop study skills specifically tailored to his/her needs and teach students how to learn, provide students with study skills and good study habits, as well as how to break complex issues down so as not to be overwhelmed.
Evaluate: An AA will evaluate students' progress in order to see where improvements can be made.
Provide education service excellence to an active student body in an effective and efficient manner while also performing the following:
• Has intimate knowledge of the students’ needs
• Demonstrated competency to express empathy for the students’ situation
• Demonstrated competency to effectively communicate clearly, both written and in speech
• Demonstrated productivity, works accurately and with attention to detail
• Handles student inquiries in the best interest of both customer and company
• Demonstrated competency to navigate and understand the system in order to analyze the students’ situation
• Demonstrated attitudes to include openness, responsive, friendly at all times.
• Demonstrated competency to act as an advisor to the student by offering suggestions and options.
• Demonstrated competency to meet/exceed department/team goals and objectives.
• Apply policies, practices and procedures to individual student circumstances.
• Takes on leadership role in team environment
• Handle grade disputes, initial investigation, documentation, reporting
• Support curriculum development
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Problem analysis and solving
• Customer service orientation
• Organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Good Judgment
• Team work
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Proficient in relevant computer applications
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
• Four years or more experience in a call center environment
• Advanced knowledge of policy and procedures
• Advanced product knowledge and subject matter expertise
• Takes initiative to problem solve and take on increased responsibility and leadership
United Health Care, Sun Life Financial, 401k Plan, Paid Time Off, Paid Training, Holiday Pay, CareerTrack, Discounts; AAA, Sunshine House, NPEP Apartment Management. Clean Air Program, Georgia Federal Credit Union, Free Degree and Certificate Programs, Discount Theme Park Tickets, Free Parking, Employee Referral Program, Company Paid; Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account and Health Advocate.
To learn more about Ashworth, please see our website at http://www.ashworthcollege.edu/ .
If you believe you qualify and would like to apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp for consideration.