Brody School of Medicine - Greenville
Academic, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
NOT ACCEPTING CANDIDATES FROM SEARCH FIRMS FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at East Carolina University’s Brody School of Medicine is seeking a board certified/board eligible PM&R physician to provide occupational medicine and PM&R clinical care. The successful candidate will provide care to patients seen at Vidant Medical Center’s occupational health clinic and at local satellite occupational medicine locations as well as serve as the Medical Review Officer.
- Employment by East Carolina University
- Occupational health clinical responsibilities will include treating work-related injuries, providing fitness for duty evaluations, and following best practice guidelines related to return to work national benchmarks
- PM&R clinical responsibilities include inpatient rehab, musculoskeletal care, musculoskeletal ultrasound, Botox, baclofen, EMG, SSEP, VEP, phenol blocks, and wound/hyperbaric medicine
- Academic responsibilities will include teaching of medical students, residents, and allied health students
- Research interests will be strongly supported
- Fixed Term position is available at the title of Assistant Professor or higher
- Excellent benefit package including relocation assistance
The PM&R Department serves the rehabilitation needs of the 1.4 million people in a 29-county region of eastern North Carolina and is located within Vidant Rehabilitation Center at Vidant Medical Center, with Spinal Cord, Brain Injury, General Rehab, and Pediatric Rehabilitation Units.
The Center's 57-bed inpatient unit is one of few rehabilitation facilities in the U.S. accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in eleven or more specialty areas. The Center is also one of the five centers of excellence at Vidant.
The School of Medicine provides accredited education programs for medical students, residents and fellows, doctoral students in the basic medical sciences, and practicing physicians. The hallmarks of these programs are close-faculty student interaction, experiential learning, and development of students’ ability to continue learning even after they leave the formal educational setting. Our education programs are consistent with our missions of enhancing generalist training and offering opportunities in medicine to minority and disadvantaged students.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. , The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. , Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. , Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play! ,
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Vidant Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
If you, or a colleague, is interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact John Felton at (252)847-3708 or John.Felton@vidanthealth.com.