Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
Blackbaud is seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as an Account Executive for the Western-US Region. This position will be responsible for prospecting into colleges, universities, and foundations to market our scholarship management and donor reporting solution called AcademicWorks. The representative will be expected to conduct both web-based and on-site demonstrations to prospective clients.
The AcademicWorks solution is currently used by over 600 institutions to streamline their scholarship awarding practices, improve student services, enhance donor reporting, and better connect the various staff, faculty and units who share in the awarding and reporting of scholarship funds.
- Present our scholarship solutions to Financial Aid, Admissions, Institutional Advancement, and Information Technology staff.
- Prepare action plans for individual accounts and build relationships with key individuals who can influence the decision-making process.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from marketing activity.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contract request forms.
- Participate in marketing events such as trade shows and telemarketing events.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
- Prepare paperwork to activate the contractual process.
- Prepare status reports using Salesforce to show progress towards quarterly and annual sales and activity targets.
- Communicate feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree and three to five years of sales or marketing experience.
- Knowledge of the culture and organizational structure within higher education.
- Frequent overnight travel to visit with potential clients and attend industry conferences.
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks like onsite gym, free snacks, café, and cutting-edge new headquarters to be completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.