ACCOUNT MANAGER II
Job Title: Account Manager II
FLSA Status: Salary Non-Exempt
Job Reports To: Sales Manager
Responsible for selling the Square 1 Art (S1A) fundraising solutions to qualified leads. Develop new business house accounts from states that are not actively pursued while maintaining and servicing all active accounts assigned to him/her. Maintains a good rapport through consistent communication, retains & pursues qualified customers, and handles all aspects of the account from closing of the opportunity to the receiving of the final products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a liaison between S1A and the customer at all times.
- Performs continual in-depth knowledge of the industry best practices for fundraising and competition.
- Continues to Identify and expand customer base and/or sales territory.
- Close the sale in a professional manner.
- Manage an ongoing pipeline of prospects, develop and maintain a database of accounts and leads detailing important information, and provide secure interaction and progress in CRM to ensure data integrity.
- Effectively maintains and retains existing customers by building long term relationships.
- Responsible for achieving fall and spring goals set by management.
- Maintain consistent communication and availability for assistance to coordinators via email and/or by phone.
- Works closely with Customer Service Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested, and deemed necessary by management.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA, BS) OR equivalent work experience in Communications, Sales, or Marketing preferred.
- Saleforce.com or similar CRM experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Customer/Client Focused, Time Management, and Sales Analysis.
- Strong work ethic, a leader, critical thinker, problem solver, and a strong desire for career advancement.
- Three to five years of proven inside and/or outside sales experience.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area
- Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable
- Ability to meet the following physical and technical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations: sitting, standing, walking, push/pull.
- Capacities to talk, hear, and communicate orally.
- Visual ability to read and interpret written documents.
- Ability to use finger movements for typing.
- Some travel may be required