Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.Must have the ability to convey financial issues to non-financial users. Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and to prepare clear and concise reports.Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations. Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
location: El Segundo, California
job type: Contract
salary: $17 - 23 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
• Responsible for moderately complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resultant managerial reports and financial statements.
• Reviews and/or processes billing/invoicing and enters data into the accounting databases.
• May either apply or submit cash applications to the vouchers/invoices.
• Researches and resolves accounts receivable issues.
• Prepares income statements, balance sheets and various other accounting statements or financial reports for field and management reference for a small to mid size customer or market
• Reconcile vendor statements and resolve discrepancies
• Review expense reports to ensure compliance
• Prepares Balance Sheet reconciliations
• Creates month-end accounting entries and reconciles discrepancies; posts to GL and reviews variances to budget.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of two to four years of related experience and/or training including 2+ years professional level accounting experience, preferably 2+ years experience in general accounting, A/P, A/R clerical and/or entry level accountant positions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and to prepare clear and concise reports.
• Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions
skills: Account Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.