We are looking for an Independent Contractor who is interested in adding about 4-6 hours a month to their client base. Initially you would need to work in our office one day a month for a couple of months (for training by our soon to retire bookkeeper). At month three you should be able to work remotely.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements, monthly, quarterly and annual multi-state sales tax returns as well as annual business licenses
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Handle both accrued and cash methods of accounting, depreciation, pre-paid accounts and amortizations of those accounts
- Must understand detailed payroll preparation (however the actual payroll is processed by Paychex) and tax related matters such as employee contributions versus employer costs
- Year-end adjusting journal entries per CPA
Examples of entries are customer over-payments, refunds from agencies, credit card reimbursements and debits reversing customer over-payments. Additionally there are manual checks for temp payroll and the direct debits from the general account, particularly payments for the corporate officer’s health insurance.