POSITION: Accountant I
STATUS: Exempt; Full time
- Must have two or more years experience as an Accountant in non-profit health care industry.
- Must be familiar in accounting concepts and principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Experience in Navigator, and Paycom preferred
HR Procedural requirements:
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- A valid California Driver’s license with clean records and access to insured automobile
- Completion of APHCV Health Assessment Form
- Completion of DOJ background check
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Accident Insurance, etc.
- Commuter Discount (Metro, Metrolink)
- Commuter and Ride Share
- Discounted Tickets
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the full cycle Accounts payable functions – processing purchase orders, vendors invoices, vendor records maintenance and general ledger coding of purchases.
- Assist in full cycle Accounts receivable functions – processing, review and posting and reconciliation of cash receipts in general ledger
- Prepare and post monthly recurring journal entries and recurring budget entries for financial statements preparation
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation for all bank accounts, within 5 days after the books are closed
- Assist in monthly closing of the books every 15th day after the end of each month
- Conduct general ledger analysis (including significant variances between actual and budget) and reconciliation
- Together with Billing Manager, review monthly ageing schedules of patient and third party receivables and other receivables. Prepare monthly analyses to CFO
- Prepare, review and maintain monthly schedules for various general ledger accounts.
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll
- Monitor expenditures of various grants and prepare monthly report of expenditures
- Other tasks assigned by Fiscal Monitor, Accountant II and Chief Financial Officer.
This position’s main responsibility is to process purchase orders, invoices entering general ledger entries, review and enter cash receipts in general ledger, assist in payroll, prepare and review accounting and contract reports.
APHCV expects all employees to respond and participate to emergency situation per emergency policies and procedures.