The OpportunityAlameda CTC is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented individual to work independently to perform a variety of professional accounting work under the general direction of the Accounting Manager. The current position is ideal for an experienced Accountant and will be responsible for accounts receivable/billing in addition to other accounting functions for the agency. The selected candidate must have a solid understanding of accounting concepts, exercise a high level of attention to detail, and have strong analytical and organizational skills.
Key Responsibilities (not a comprehensive listing)
- Provide responsible, professional and technical assistance in the administration and implementation of accounting, auditing, and finance for Alameda CTC.
- Prepare, process, and create billing documents in compliance with federal, state, regional and local agency requirements and post entries in the financial system to appropriate project and fund source codes; produce billing packages for mailing and update billing schedules.
- Analyze and reconcile project expenditure and revenue accounts; verify availability of proposed funding and classification of expenditures.
- Follow up with project managers on past due invoices and provide reporting to management on the status of outstanding invoices.
- Research and analyze complex accounting transactions to resolve questions and validate data; ensure fiscal accountability and fund integrity for transactions and supporting documentation.
- Maintain project funding information and monitor active and inactive job numbers; assist with project close-out process.
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, business administration, or a closely related field. Experience in governmental accounting, a plus.
- Three (3) years of progressive accounting experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word; possess accurate typing and 10-key skills; and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Important Application InformationTo apply for this opportunity, please visit Alameda CTC’s website at www.alamedactc.org/app_pages/view/11174 to download an application. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and application by email to email@example.comHelp.