RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client that is seeking an Accountant in San Ramon, California (CA).
Our client is seeking an Accountant to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization. A typical Staff Accountant is responsible for analyzing and communicating financial information for clients.
- Prepare, examine or analyze accounting records, financial statements or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel and direct their work activities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related financial discipline required
- An advanced degree in a financial discipline is preferred
- 5-7 years financial and/or accounting experience required
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed
- Ability to analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.