This is a great opportunity to work for a world class healthcare company that truly values its employees, customers and community. I am seeking a strong candidate for a direct hire - full time employment opportunity for an Accountant in Denver, CO.
If you are open to new job opportunities, please reply to Steve.Mckenna@Randstadusa.comHelp with your updated resume attached. I'd like to discuss the opportunity in more detail and see if this position would be a good fit for you. If it's NOT a good fit for you, please refer a friend!
Responsible for the recording of daily transactions relating to cash transactions, accounts payable transactions, payroll transactions as well as premium and claims transactions for the completion of accurate and timely accounting records and for the production of financial and regulatory reports based on those records.
The person in this role will have the following duties:
• Ensure records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Manage analysis of balance sheet and P&L transactions.
• Monitor Investment schedule.
• Manage reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
• Supervise month-end close activities and preparation of interim and year-end audit schedules, and communicate risk and opportunity to controller.
• Ensure accurate and timely regulatory filings, reporting and registration.
• Prepare recommendations relative to the accounting of reserve, assets & expenditures.
• Take leadership role for accounting related system project initiatives.
• Maintain business partnerships with other departments, locations and regions, and internal customers/suppliers.
• Make staffing decisions with direction from the Controller and manage accounting team performance, promote a team environment and provide work direction and guidance.
• Identify and implement productivity and process improvements. Develop and implement system and procedural control enhancements and changes.
• Participate in the development and maintenance of General Accounting Policy and Procedure manuals in coordination with Financial Reporting.
• Minimum eight (8) years of accounting experience.
• Experience in a large corporate environment with one of the ""big four"" accounting firms preferred.
• Insurance industry experience highly desirable.
• CPA highly preferred.
• Expertise in GAAP, internal controls, accounting procedures, payroll tax laws and project management.
• Excellent spreadsheet (Excel), word processing (Word), and database (Access) skills required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills required.
• Understanding of systems development life cycle, change control, quality assurance and database concepts.
Shift Required: Monday through Friday 9am-5:30pm
Duration: Direct Hire.
Pay Rate: $80,000 per year.
If you feel like you are a match for this position, please reply to Steve.Mckenna@Randstadusa.comHelp with your updated resume attached and the best time for a short, 20 minute conversation today. If you don't feel this job is a good fit for you, but you know of someone else who may have these qualifications, please forward them this email and send me their name and contact number.
location: Aurora, Colorado
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
skills: Certified Management Accountant
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.