DC Solar is a clean energy company that specializes in mobile solar products. We are looking for an experienced General Accountant to become part of our innovative, team-oriented and rapidly growing company located in Benicia, CA.
The General Accountant will coordinate, compute, manage, research and analyze all accounting data in order to provide quantitative information on performance, financial position, solvency, liquidity and cash flows for multiple businesses.
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable (QuickBooks)
- Set up and maintain customer / vendor information (QuickBooks)
- Assists in maintaining the general ledger and ensuring data integrity (QuickBooks)
- Prepare schedules and reports in support of annual and interim audits
- Assist in the coordination of annual and interim audits, ensuring all deliverables are met
- Partner with various departments on accruals, vendor management, and ad hoc projects
- Continuously improve business processes, systems, and documentation
- Maintain financial security by following policies, procedures and internal controls
- Protect company operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Administrative duties (filing, copying, scanning, W-9s, etc.) as necessary to support the department and company operations
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in general accounting
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree or greater, in accounting or similar field
- Experience with construction accounting highly preferred
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving aptitude, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions
- Excellent corporate communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to collaborate with others in a corporate team environment
- Ability to take initiative, be persistent and deliver results
All applicants must meet company hiring criteria for pre-employment screening, including drug test and background check.