We are looking for a passionate Accountant for one of our direct client please check followed detail about job and respond us back on firstname.lastname@example.orgHelp or contact me on 215-554-3713.
Responsible for providing financial analysis, reporting and general accounting information for Sungard Availability Services, LP, including lines of business, functions and domestic and international entities. Maintains journals and ledgers, prepares financial statements, conducts financial studies and coordinates financial projects. Supports team on the financial close process. Accounting information produced by the team is used for internal accounting, external regulatory reporting, and tax reporting. You will maintain effective internal controls and work closely with operations and administrative functions, accounting processes and entities to optimize efficiency and controls within the accounting processes.
- Performs analysis of financial statement accounts and specific projects, as directed.
- Assists with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports. Participates in the preparation of month and year-end processes by reviewing actual vs. budget/forecast variances, reviewing financial trends, and making recommendations for accruals. Works with business unit partners in multiple departments and locations in the reporting and analysis of financial statement results and position and in the identification of any issues that need to be addressed or changed for enhanced efficiency and effectiveness. Works with the team to prepare fluctuation analysis of monthly operating results. Supports the team on presenting/communicating monthly operating results to the assigned business units; Provides continuous support for business units on related accounting issues.
- Compiles, adjusts and evaluates accruals for assigned business units to ensure accuracy;
- Updates monthly account reconciliations in support of ending asset and liability balances and research and resolve reconciling items.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Assists in preparation and coordination of the audit process, including footnotes.
- Assists in implementing and maintaining internal controls and procedures.
- Produces clear and organized work papers that support the company’s reporting needs and the internal/external audit process.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 8+ years related experience in accounting, specifically using Oracle GL
- Extensive month-end close experience
- Extensive preparation of account reconciliations and variance analysis
- Moderate (or more) use of Blackline preferred
- CPA preferred
- Moderate knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint