Motovicity is the leader in high performance, aftermarket parts distribution for the sport compact, Euro, and modern muscle markets. Located near the heart of the Motor City in Madison Heights, MI, Motovicity distributes the most sought after automotive performance brands to the most revered builders and fastest growing retailers nationwide. It’s a very exciting time for us, and we want your help.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Accounts Payable clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks and ensure accuracy of financial records.
Essential Job Functions:
- Opens and processes vendor mail.
- Serves as primary vendor contact for payment related issues.
- Processes invoices for payment by matching packing slips with invoices, prioritizes according to terms, verifies billed for received.
- Resolves any billing discrepancies.
- Obtains invoice approvals when necessary.
- Creates vouchers in accounting system.
- Chooses vouchers/invoices for payment based on terms.
- Runs checks
- Obtains authorized signatures.
- Mails checks and remittance advices.
- Maintains Accounts Payable files.
- Cross trains AR to cover day-to-day functions.
- Serves as AR backup.
- Reconciles vendor statements utilizing aged payables, debits memo book, checks disbursements.
- Resolves shipping discrepancies, damaged product, shipped back product for mis-shipments as advised by purchaser, and follows thru with credits as advised by purchaser.
¨ High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree or equivalent two-year degree is desired.
¨ Two plus years of Accounts Payable/Receivable experience in high volume organization OR successful college-level coursework in accounting.
¨ Must have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Outlook, and Office. Intermediate Excel skills are required.
¨ Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills and customer service skills.
¨ Ability to work in a team environment.
¨ Must have strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work at a fast pace.
Motovicity Distribution values their employees and understands the importance of offering competitive pay and benefit packages to recruit and retain the best!
We offer the following benefit package to our full time employees:
- ASRHealthBenefits using the HAP PPO & EPO Networks
- Guardian Dental Plan/Vision Discount Plan
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Weekly Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- GM Supplier Discount
- Fresh, modern remodeled work environment
- GREAT CO-WORKERS!
If you meet the above qualifications, we want to hear from you! Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume to 248-307-2917 for immediate consideration.