Apex Systems is currently looking to hire an Accounting Clerk for one of the largest Downstream companies headquartered in Texas. The job description is listed below. If you are interested in applying, please send an updated resume and best contract information to Jessica @ email@example.com
Title: Accounting Clerk II
Location: San Antonio, TX 78259
Duration: 5-month contract
The main function of an accounting clerk is to compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. A typical accounting clerk is responsible for a wide range of technology and can work in areas closely related to computers.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
- Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Ability to apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related accounting software.
- 2-4 years financial and/or accounting experience required.
- Associate's degree in accounting or related financial discipline preferred.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.