Deacon, Moulds & Stofer, a downtown St. Petersburg law firm is searching for an Accounting/Executive Assistant reporting directly to the Legal Administrator. The Accounting/Executive Assistant will have multiple areas of responsibility combining a background in accounting and business administration and strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. This position requires a detail-oriented person with sound judgement, strong reasoning skills and good analytical and problem-solving abilities and ability to think outside the box.
The Accounting/Executive Assistant position is a great way to learn the inner workings of managing a business and a law firm. The Executive Assistant will be involved with all areas of a law firm’s operations to the extent that he or she is able to support the office’s needs in the absence of the Administrator.
- 50% Accounting: accounts payable, cash receipting, billing process, preparation of reports for meeting, etc.
- 30% Administrative: office operations and services, policies and procedures, etc.
- 20% Miscellaneous: software and hardware support, staff support, marketing, etc.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping processes and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office, 2010 - Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Acrobat Adobe Pro 9.
- Ability to provide basic computer support and learn software.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Excellent organizational skills and process/project management abilities.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated to learn new software programs
- Must have excellent work habits.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with management, clients and staff members.
- Education in accounting or business administration or equivalent accounting experience
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with Juris and Client Profiles
- Understanding of Florida Trust Accounting Procedures
- BS is Accounting or Business Administration