RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client seeking an Accounting Manager in Elgin, Illinois (IL).
This temp-to-hire position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager is responsible for supervising accounting clerical staff to ensure work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
Essential duties will include:
- Overseeing work product of staff
- Resolving accounting issues that arise in the daily processing; investigating, tracing errors and recording adjustments to correct inadvertent posting to incorrect accounts
- Reconciling all subsidiary ledgers to general ledger control balances monthly
- Preparing daily bank deposits
- Ensuring vendor records are maintained and track outstanding obligations payable by due date
- Auditing and resolving any anomalies encountered in daily financial transactions
- Reviewing monthly trial balances, general ledger detail postings, financial statements and other financial reports and statistics
- Preparing special financial analyses as directed by management
- Minimum Associates degree in Accounting preferred
- At least two years of full charge bookkeeping experience or applicable related experience required
- Some supervisory experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and experience with Microsoft Word
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of employees within the company
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.