DATE: July 12, 2018
About Rugo Stone LLC
Rugo Stone, LLC is a natural stone and mosaic contracting company committed to the highest possible quality in craft and customer service. Rugo Stone works throughout the Mid-Atlantic region for some of the most acclaimed architects, churches, developers, construction managers, and private homeowners. The company has grown to become one of the most recognized natural stone and mosaic contractors in the United States, completing hundreds of projects in commercial, residential and ecclesiastical designs, and has received over forty regional, national, and international craftsmanship awards from its peers.
Job Title: Accounting Manager
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all accounting-related procedures and functions, including all financial records, payroll, banking and daily operations of the accounting department. The Accounting Manager participates in the daily management and reporting of company projects and the oversight of the Accounting Department. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for accurate and timely financial reporting of all construction projects, corporate accounting, financial reporting, budgeting and internal control policies and procedures.
Authority and Responsibilities
The Accounting Manager derives authority from the Company President and is granted full authority to carry out the duties as set forth in this job description. This position reports to the Executive Vice President for the proper discharge of their duties and interfaces on a regular basis with the Company President.
The Accounting Manager’s principal duties are to perform all required accounting functions of the Company in a timely and accurate manner. The Accounting Manager provides reports and schedules to the Company’s CPA in the preparation of annual and periodic (quarterly) financial statements. The following is an exemplary, but not exhaustive list of the primary duties to be fulfilled:
- Operate the Construction Integrated Job Cost and General Ledger Software Accounting Systems of the Company. Proficiency with other computer software systems for the preparation of reports, spreadsheets, and other accounting analysis that may be required by management.
- Accurate and timely preparation of weekly field and bi-weekly office payrolls, making proper federal, state, and 401(k) deposits into respective accounts.
- Accumulate job cost data from weekly payroll reports, materials and subcontract billings to prepare weekly cost reports for each project.
- Maintain all Company operating, payroll, savings and investment banking accounts, including deposits, disbursements, and balancing.
- Monitor daily cash balances in operating, savings and investment bank accounts to cover obligations and maximize interest earnings and provide a monthly cash forecast for the pending three-month period.
- Prepare monthly cash projection and trial balance reports.
- Prepare and post all monthly AIA invoices with Project Managers.
- Complete federal and state payroll tax returns and necessary bank deposits.
- Process and issue all accounts payable and subcontractor payments.
- Accrue, prepare and remit state and county taxes.
- Generate monthly recaps for Worker’s Compensation and General Liability insurance premiums.
- Generate monthly union benefit contribution reports, and post mark checks before the monthly 15th and 25th deadlines.
- Maintain employee personnel files, including all tax forms, insurance records, 401(k) records, I-9 employment application, employment and drug test records.
- Assist and review with management: employee health insurance and 401(k) plan.
- Perform fiscal year-end accounting close outs with CPA.
- Process employee year-end W-2’s and 1099 Forms distributing to employee/payee and appropriate Federal and State agencies.
- Verify subcontractors and vendors meet all requirements of contracted agreement prior to any payments.
- Maintain all accounting files and records for each project.
- Interface with Project Manager and Superintendent to accurately charge and code invoices to proper Job Cost and General Ledger.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecast and report variances.
- Prepare and publish timely financial statements.
- Develop, document, and deploy accounting policies, business processes, and controls.
- Develop and maintain the system of internal accounting controls and financial reporting.
- Develop and track performance of yearly operating expense budget and analyze variances.
- Create and/or review draw requests, including various draw request documents.
- Review and report monthly billings for internal and external clients.
- Cash forecasting for construction projects with continuous monitoring of the cash position of projects and associated cost to complete.
- Identify project related risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Maintain state registrations, business and tax licenses.
- Analyze company financial performance and provide strategy to lower costs and improve profit.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting. CPA and/or MBA is desired but not required
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction accounting
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software including Excel and Word
- Construction Accounting Software Experience a must – Foundation preferred; Timberline or equivalent experience acceptable
- Knowledge of AIA contracts, change orders and payment application forms
- Familiarity with Construction Management firms’ pre-qualification processes
Knowledge, Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
- Have a complete and thorough knowledge of all accounting functions and procedures.
- Knowledge of construction contracts, payment application processes, construction budgeting, Master Contract and subcontract funding and payment terms.
- Must be highly organized, able to meet deadlines, and multi-task
- Excellent communication skills - must have command of written and spoken English; Spanish a plus
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Problem solving / analysis skills
- Strategic thinking
Exempt / Salaried
Manage Accounts Payable/Payroll clerk, coordinate with Human Resources Manager, coordinate with Executive Vice President, Project Managers, General Superintendent, and Fabrication Shop Manager as required.
Salary range: $80,000- $90,000/ year
Benefits: Health Care Plan
Re-location, vacation, sick and personal time commensurate with experience
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a full-time position; typical working hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. although flexibility in hours is required.
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactorily passing the pre-hire background screening and will consider reference checks, behavioral interview results, and/or pre-hire tests or profiles.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Rugo Stone LLC provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Rugo Stone will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.