Our client, an exciting non-profit organization that is focused on transforming and improving education, is seeking a New Accounting Manager to join their team. Based in San Francisco, this is a full time, direct hire position with a purposeful, longstanding growing organization. Our client offers superb benefits and excellent opportunities for growth, leadership and advancement. Free parking will be provided.
- General Accounting including payroll, general ledger accounting and closing. Cash management.
- Some modeling and projection work.
- Grants management and reporting.
- 3 – 5 years of finance/accounting experience in the education, nonprofit or public agency sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or suitable experience.
- Generalist’s skill set including familiarity with grant accounting, payroll, general financial accounting, and compliance, especially related to FASB standards for nonprofits.
- Cash management and budgeting, contract negotiation and management.
- Knowledge of a variety of cloud-based accounting related systems.
- Understanding of public education; experience working with school districts a plus.
- A proven commitment to equity, an understanding of how public systems drive social outcomes, and a desire to deepen your awareness and competency across racial, cultural and economic lines.
- Proficiency with software programs including Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and work collaboratively, as well as independently.
- Ability to problem solve and to learn and apply new technologies.
- Experience training others on financial procedures and best practices.