Accounting Manager ~ Working with High-Growth Start-ups
- Job Label:
Are you an Accountant looking for a position where you can gain more experience in several areas of accounting - taking your career to the next level? Do you want to work in a fast-paced environment that offers you a variety of challenges to enhance your skills?
If so, come join us at Propeller Industries. We are a close-knit team of accounting and financial professionals who love to help companies grow. This opportunity will position your career for immediate growth and expose you to the next level of controllership, financial planning and reporting.
As a member of our San Francisco accounting team your mission will be to oversee the monthly financial close process and communicate directly with clients and our international staff regarding accounting questions and processes. Your hands-on expertise with AP/AR, balance sheet reconciliations, inventory control, payroll, and month-end financial reporting will allow you to manage the team of international accountants and deliver timely, accurate financials to Propeller CFOs and clients.
As an experienced accountant, your in-depth experience with QuickBooks and Excel will be invaluable as you analyze data and report on financials. Your talent for multi-tasking, plus your superb organizational skills, will ensure you balance multiple client projects effectively.
Required qualifications include but are not limited to the following:
- 4-6 years experience in full cycle accounting, with 2 of the aforementioned years working with multiple clients;
- Advanced QuickBooks and Excel skills;
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP principals and financial statements;
- Excellent organizational, time management, and follow-up skills;
- Clear and effective communication skills (verbal and written);
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision;
- Ability to be pro-active and in-tune with clients' needs - identifying areas of weakness and developing processes to address those;
- Open to new ideas and change, with the goal of always serving our clients and improving processes.
Propeller Industries provides outsourced finance and accounting for an elite portfolio of early-stage growth companies. We offer a broad scope of services ranging from CFO-level strategic planning to day-to-day transaction processing through our team of CFOs and accountants. The firm has offices in SF, LA, NY, Austin and Sun Valley, ID and currently serves 130+ clients across a range of industries including ecommerce, technology, food & beverage, manufacturing, business services and healthcare.
- Related Keywords:
- accounts payable, accounts receivable, GL, general ledger, reconciliation, month end close, Inventory, A/P, A/R, transactions, accounting, bookkeeper, Excel, QuickBooks, payroll, year end close, reports, accountant, bookkeeping, technology, Account Manager, start up, entrepreneurs, Bill.com, project management, controller, Accounting Manager, multi-tasking, prioritizing, organized, detailed, multiple clients, learning curve, passionate, help clients, build business, innovative, entrepreneurship, independent consultant, contractor, self-employed, grow business, process improvement, own business, communication skills