Role and Responsibilities:
The Accounting Manager will assist the Controller, Managers and Owners in controlling and executing all matters related to the accounting functions of the company. This position will report directly to the Controller.
This position will
- Be responsible for the practices, internal controls, monitoring and reporting of all job cost related accounting functions, and other accounting functions as assigned.
- Comply with and enforce all governmental laws, policies and regulations.
- Ensure the appropriate procedures for cost accounting reporting, record keeping and documentation are followed while maintaining data and files in an orderly, accurate and current manner.
- Ensure the filing of appropriate sales tax forms, payments and compliance with the Department of Revenue.
- Promote and maintain a positive work environment that shows concern and respect of all employees, vendors and customers by providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Take any reasonable action necessary within your authority to carry out the responsibilities of the position in a manner that is ethical, conforms to sound business practices, and reflective of the company’s established culture.
- Be responsible for ensuring the accurate processing of accounts payable, accounts receivable and equipment activities in accounting systems on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Prepare necessary inter-company maintenance job billings.
- Track and process monthly accounting transactions for depreciation, bad debt, notes payable and notes receivable.
- Import and Export data between retail and accounting software packages as needed.
- Prepare Monthly bank reconciliations as assigned.
- Produce appropriate monthly managerial accounting reports and financial statements as assigned.
- Produce a monthly Work In Progress report for appropriate entities from Sage 300 CRE and Crystal Reports
- Process residential house closings payment in cost system.
- Safely work in all environments using personal protective equipment as mandated by federal, state, local laws and company policies
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Construction / Engineering or related field.
- 5 years of specific experience and/or training related to the essential functions of the job; or equivalent combination of education or training working as an Accounting Manager in the Construction Industry.
- Previous business experience with following software packages
- Microsoft Windows 7 or 10
- Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Sage 300 CRE 16.0 (formerly Timberline)
- Quickbooks 2016 Pro or higher
- Crystal Reports Design
- Ability to Lift 25 lbs.
- Must be punctual, self-motivated and self-directed.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Must show proof of legal right to work in the United States upon hire
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and managerial reporting methods, specifically in the construction industry.
- Proven ability of leadership, managerial, analytical and organization skills.
- Marked ability to analyze and respond appropriately to site/situational problems.
- Must have excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret managerial cost reports and financial statements, general business periodicals, professional journals, and government regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers on a one-on-one basis or in a group setting.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.