Job Location: Wilmington, DE 19805
Job Duration: 12 months
Hours: 8am to 5pm Mon-Fri
Local candidates only
***This position will require travel during the first 3 months for training in Bay City, MI**
- Performs accounting activities adhering to established policies and procedures.
- May initiate customer contact to proactively address & reconcile operational issues to resolution using knowledge of financial processes, procedures and systems.
- Often serves as first line of contact with internal & external resources in absence of a senior professional.
Job Title: Accounting Specialist
- The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible to ensure accounting activity recorded within the company's records and books are accurate and complete.
- In addition, this role is expected to adhere to the company's accounting policy and practices as well as the country Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- The APAY Specialist provides disbursements analysis and reporting support for Accounts Payable sub-processes.
- The individual in this role provides analytics and reporting support for the compliance and exceptions management purposes.
- S/he provides support for the development of metrics, analyses, and reporting; delivering KPI metrics and scorecard reporting, providing disbursements analyses and support, in addition to responding to planned and ad hoc requests, as assigned.
- The individual in this role will work with moderate supervision to accomplish his/her own assigned workload and collaboratively with other members of his/ her Accounts Payable or cross functional team in compliance with the approved Procure to Pay process standards at the agreed service levels.
- Provide insight to resolve Level 3 escalations and perform root cause analyses and business process improvements a to eliminate the root cause of escalations and exceptions
- Assist in the development and maintenance of disbursement process standards and procedures
- Support the analytics for APAY reimbursements, all close activities (monthly, quarterly, and annual), as wells as operations compliance and audit reviews of regional APAY processes
- Perform reporting and analytics to support fact based decision making, as assigned
- Support metrics data capture, analysis and reporting for performance scorecard, MSA and SLA Reporting
- Provide support to the APAY analysts to proactively identify analytics and reporting needs, assist in design and implementation of continuous improvement activities
- Accounting degree preferred 1-3 years’ experience in accounting (Accounts Payable experience a plus)
- Organization skills
- Communication skills
- Strong Internal Controls Analytical and reporting skills
- Collaboration skills by working with multi-functional teams across US
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Tableau, and prior experience working in SAP a plus
- **This position will require travel during the first 3 months for training in Bay City, MI**