Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable Clerk
The Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable Clerk reports to the Director of Finance, and s/he is responsible for reconciling accounts and maintaining accurate and complete financial records in the following areas: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, rent collections, cash management, rental assistance receivables and payables. Working together with current Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable Clerk
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains rent rolls, records rental payments and posts adjustments to tenant rents on the Authority’s computer system.
- Posts all vendor payments, prepares checks.
- Maintains files on all receivables and payables.
- Prepares weekly reports on all monies received and paid.
- Posts all mobility payments to accounts, prepares payments, bills Housing Authorities and reconciles outstanding billings for the Section 8 mobility program.
- Prepares all deposits and withdrawals for bank.
- Prepares monthly edits for processing of leased housing landlord payments.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Strong math, writing and computer skills including, but not limited to, MS Office and QuickBooks. Knowledge of HAB is preferred. Ability to work with numbers in an accurate manner. Knowledge of bookkeeping practices. Good communication (written and oral) skills, must be well-organized and accurate in making mathematical calculations and data-entry, must be able to work well with persons of diverse backgrounds. Must exercise good judgement in maintaining the confidentiality and integrity of CHA’s financial information. Good organizational and office skills.
A minimum of two years of bookkeeping experience and High School or GED degree is required. An Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Administration is preferred. Relevant experience may be substituted for formal education requirements.
Starting Salary Range
$35,000 to $42,000 based on experience (Full benefits package includes medical, dental, sick & vacation)
The Chelsea Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates may submit resumes by email at email@example.comHelp, (subject line APAR18) or mail (address below) by June 16, 2018 or until position is filled.
Chelsea Housing Authority
Human Resource Department (APAR18)
54 Locke Street
Chelsea, MA 02150