Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Job Location: Chesapeake, VA
- The Accounting Clerk works directly for the Accounting Manager under minimal supervision and supports general accounting responsibilities.
- Assist in the preparation and processing of accounts payable invoices, journal entries, accounts receivable, time and labor reporting, employee expense reports and assist with audits or annual reporting requirements along with other accounting related tasks.
- Individual will perform various routine accounting functions on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, provide audit support and demonstrate the ability assist other team members when required.
- Scan and file accounting documents in accordance with record retention guidelines
- Audit and process expense reports
- Reconcile employee advance accounts
- Prepare and process account payable invoices and purchase order payments
- Perform weekly Time & Labor Administrator responsibilities (all aspects)
- Prepare journal entries
- Accounts Receivable (collection calls, invoice entry, AR tracking)
- File and maintain accounting records and other clerical reports related to the accounting operation
- Daily interfacing and communication with vendors, employees or other people outside the company.
- Perform the duties of a petty cash custodian
- Understand and assist with the Match Exception and RNV reports/account reconciliations (all aspects)
- Understand and comply with Accounting policies and procedures (SOX, Gov't Business Systems, corporate and local process/policies/process instructions)
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Basic Excel (minor pivot tables) experience is a plus, but not necessary - will train.
- PeopleSoft (Oracle) experience is a plus, but not necessary - will train.
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate jobs. These jobs may be temporary assignments or career positions. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs working with our client companies in areas such as: engineering, IT, technical, manufacturing, skilled trades, distribution, call centers, clerical, accounting, finance and sales.
Our strength is being able to solve our client's workforce needs by matching people that have the right skills, knowledge and motivation to each opportunity. Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage Resourcing is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.