Position Title: Data Entry Clerk
Department: Accounts Payable Department
Supervisor: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Date Revised: January 23, 2012
Scans and/or reviews scanned documents and accurately inputs accounts payable data.
- Keeps track of received data and source documents
- Prepares and sorts source documents and interprets data to be entered.
- Contacts preparers of source documents to resolve questions, inconsistencies or missing data
- Data entry in the Accounts Payable System. Enters alphabetic, numeric and/or symbolic data from source documents into computer following format displayed on screen and enters necessary codes.
- Confirms accuracy of data such as invoice numbers, amounts, account numbers, names, dates, etc.
- Compares data entered with source documents to ensure accuracy.
- Reviews and makes necessary corrections to information entered.
- Contributes to team efforts and accomplishes related results as required.
- Maintains confidential information.
- Performs general clerical duties such as typing, scanning, copying, answering phones, filing, etc.
- Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
- Physical Aptitudes (rated based on level of skill involved)
- Finger dexterity – 80-100%
- Manual dexterity – 80 – 100%
- Posture Tolerance (rated based on frequency or time involved)
- Sit - constantly
- Stand/walk – occasionally
- Reach above shoulder level – rarely
- Twist/turn head – constantly
- Office Environment (regulated temperature, adequate lighting and minimal noise)
- The work is mostly performed sitting.
I fully understand the responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that I am capable of performing the required functions.