Accounts Payable and Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Receivable & Billing Specialist has the primary responsibility of managing all aspects of customer billings that are assigned to him/her. He or she is an organized, efficient and highly motivated individual with a passion for extreme accuracy. He or she is also resourceful and possesses a high degree of integrity. The Accounts Receivable & Billing Specialist is focused on getting the job done right, the first time. Our ideal candidate comes with 3+ years Accounts Receivable or Billing experience in the Health care industry.
- Manages full customer billing life cycle, from invoice creation to payment receipt.
- Receives and processes incoming customer payments with extreme focus on accuracy.
- Manages the status of customer accounts and balances and identifies inconsistencies.
- Updates accounts receivable database with new accounts or missed payments.
- Prepares thorough reports on billing activity with clear and reliable data.
- Verifies discrepancies and resolves customer billing issues and short payments.
- Records and posts payments (cash, check, credit card and ACH transactions) to customer accounts in a timely, accurate manner.
- Serves as primary contact for customers seeking assistance with payments or billing discrepancies.
- Maintains and updates customer records in appropriate software.
- Prepares credit memos and billing adjustments.
- Reconciles customer accounts to outstanding customer balance.
- Processes billable activity from organizations billing platform within required time frame.
- Manages Billing inbox and Client inquiries.
- Performs monthly revenue analysis and reporting.
- Works closely with Fiscal team to ensure Client needs are met.
- Prepares monthly revenue proof reports for the month end close.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of billing software and collections procedures.
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, V-Lookups, etc)
- Team player with a willingness to get to know their colleagues
- Character of integrity and dependability
- Above average organization skills with a keen ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and resourceful
- Possesses a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently, and being able to switch gears seamlessly
- Attention to accuracy and detail
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must be able to carry a 15 to 20 pound load
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This position requires minimal travel.
Required Education and Experience:
- 3+ Years Billing and/or Accounts Receivable experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related degree preferred but not required???
- Solomon (Microsoft Dynamics) experience preferred, not required