Position Title :: Accounts Payable
Duration :: 6 +months (contract)
Location :: Dulles, VA
- Responsible for timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursement requests.
- Checks and verifies coding of expenses, prepares vouchers and issue checks for payments.
Essential Job Function
- Process all vendor invoices in a timely manner and accurately in CostPoint.
- Obtain approval and receiving in Costpoint of all invoices by authorized persons listed on Purchase Order or Pre-approved recurring list or vendors.
- Work with Purchasing department on a daily basis to resolve PO issues.
- Comply with current accounting policies, that current system and procedures are in compliance with company policies.
- Assist with weekly check runs and match with supporting documentation for supervisor review and check signatures.
- Provide updates to Supervisor on outstanding invoices for weekly or monthly deadlines
- Provide assistance to other team members with work flow.
- Research AP expense and disbursement issues as required.
- Maintain AP files for current and previous fiscal year of supporting documentation.
- Assist AP Supervisor with resolving invoice issues, needing additional research
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent with at least 6 years of applicable experience.
- At least 5 years in Accounts Payable.
- Ability to effectively prioritize problems and manage multiple requests/expectations at once
- Recognized as a team member who is actively involved in attacking issues, while maintaining an excellent attitude contributing to the overall high morale of the team.