The primary purpose of this position is to collect payment on outstanding customer invoices, and effectively and efficiently support and improve the accounts receivable processes. This position will also provide financial and administrative support in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is related to an essential function of the position.
· Review status of delinquent/past-due accounts and initiate collection action by contacting each account. Document progress and follow up as necessary.
· Enlist the efforts of the account sales manager and accounting management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
· Analyze customer accounts and resolve discrepancies as necessary.
· Communicate regularly with supervisor on status of problem accounts.
· Prepare specialized collection reports on an as needed basis.
· Process sales adjustments when approved.
· Prepare payment and credit memo applications.
· Assist with other accounts receivable tasks on an as needed basis.
· Serve as a back-up for answering incoming calls on switchboard; transfer calls to appropriate department and/or individual, when necessary.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Minimum two years of collections experience required.
· Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Must have experience working with financial software applications.
· Must be detail oriented and possess strong organizational and problem solving skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
· Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with vendors, customers, employees, and the general public.
MNJ is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer