Accounts Receivable and Credit Associate
Distributor Service, Inc. A Wholesale Distributor of Specialty Building Products seeks an Account Receivable and Credit Associate. The Account Receivable and Credit Associate will be responsible for responsible for the receipt and accounting of funds being paid to the organization. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed to account for the receipt of payment for goods.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wishes to grow within a dynamic, growing organization.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Applies customer payments.
- Researches and solves payment discrepancies.
- Processes credit card payments and credits.
- Makes adjustments to accounts as needed.
- Prepares weekly reports for accountants.
- Administers company credit application process by reviewing the credit application, establishing lines of credit, conducting financial analysis including third party report review and makes recommendations to director of credit.
- Conducts credit collections by prioritizing credit reviews for existing accounts, contacts customer and sales, issues Letter of Credit, coordinates activities with customer service and ensures proper follow-up.
- Opens new accounts.
- Maintains current records and files.
- Associate Degree in Accounting with relevant corresponding experience
- 2-3 year of experience in accounts receivable and/or finance.
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Financial Management experience
- Ethical Conduct.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with problems
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining focus and ability to prioritize work
- Proactive and completes tasks with a sense of urgency
The position is a full-time position, and offers an excellent benefit package to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401(k) Plan.