The A/R Manager reports to the Controller. This position is responsible for providing financial, accounting and administrative services. This includes processing and monitoring all accounts receivable and payable related documents and ensures accuracy. Guiding the AR Clerks to process and create invoices, enter bills, have them approved and send them out on a timely basis. Keeping accurate track of all contracted rates and updating new rates as required in a timely manner. Work with the sales staff to address change orders on any overages and to answer any questions regarding billing issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The A/R Manager must demonstrate a commitment to compliance with company policies, customer policies and an unwavering commitment to safety. The position requires handling all business affairs with the highest ethical standards set forth by Envent Corporation and its clients.
- Managing and maintaining the billing by communicating with Sales, Operations and Admin staff
- Conduct monthly billing audits to ensure practices are followed and all revenue has been captured
- Implement procedural and policy changes to improve billing efficiency and document them
- Review 100% of the invoices and bills to assure accuracy based on proposals and purchase orders
- Conduct training sessions with field personnel and perform bi-annual training refreshments
- Maintains excellent communication and relationship with customers and vendors
- Develop written procedures and policies for AR
- Development and implementation of a plan to minimize DSO and coordinate all steps of the collections process including continuous credit limit monitoring
- Assist with the invoicing process by working directly with customers to have the necessary documentation in place to receive payment (vendor forms, POs, vendor portals, etc.)
- Create and present weekly billing and collections reports
- Establish and report on monthly accounts receivable performance goals and metrics
- Verify compliance with Use & Sales Tax matters on all invoices to customers and bills from vendors
- Responsible for tax compliance, including Sales & Use Tax fillings and updates
- Coordiinate bill payment cycles depending on cash flow and management approval
- Clear checks in the treasury management system
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the Accounts Payable system
- Ensure closing activities are done timely both for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Ensure all the coding of bills and invoices is done properly and according to the budget
- Develop pricebooks for new contracts and review contract language
- Create financial tools and streamline process for quoting and contracting pricing
- Manage and forecast organizational cash flow and inventory levels to maximize performance, insure financial stability and reach company objectives and goals
- Support company to comply with federal and multi-state employer requirements by investigating requirements, filing reports and advising management on needed actions
- Support the Controller in reporting to the board and finance committees involving issues and trends in financial operating models and reports
- Actively participates and contributes to the reengineering of Information Technology systems and processes that improves the quality of timely data and the operational results
- Support the Controller in the Budgeting and Reporting processes
- Identify process improvement opportunities and suggest them to management for implementation
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Manage a team of clerks including coaching, training, and ongoing performance management.
To perform this job successfully, an Associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Associates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good Microsoft Office skills in particular MS Excel
- Ability to create and interpret financial reports
- Understanding of various state sales & use tax laws
- Good understanding of contracts
- Very strong organizational and time-management skills
- Proven manager with ability to manage a cross-site organization and engage in organization development planning and execution
- Top-notch attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to partner with finance, sales & operations as well as other key stakeholders and other functions in driving gains in business performance
- Adaptability to a changing, evolving and fast work environment
- Ability to analize job costing and define pricing based on minimum acceptable margins
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business Related Field
- 5 plus years of experience managing cash flow, reporting, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger and credit management.
- Quickbooks experience or equivalent
- SalesForce.com experience is preferred
- Prior experience in tax/accounting/regulatory compliance with finance and business process, controls and compliance desired
- Managerial experience working with bookkeeping teams
- Employee Orientation
- Local Policies and Procedures
- Safety and Quality
- Field Equipment and Operation Orientation
- Regulatory Compliance
Excellent communication skills both in written and verbal forms.
An Associate must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry. An Associate must be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to sit at a desk, use fingers to operate a computer keyboard, and use hands and arms to reach for files or manuals. The Associate is occasionally required to stand and walk around an office and talk or hear on the telephone or while communicating with others. Specific vision requirements for this job are close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the Finance Manager is required to sit at a desk, use fingers to operate a computer keyboard or calculator, reach with hands and arms for manuals or papers, and talk or hear on the telephone or while communicating with others. The Finance Manager frequently is required to stand and walk around an office. The Finance Manager is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch to obtain files in file cabinets. The Finance Manager must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.