TEMPORARY POSITION--PERFECT SUMMER JOB FOR A TEACHER!
Beginning Mid May with expected duration of approximately 15 weeks
Belmont Village Senior Living Scottsdale is seeking an energetic, creative individual to oversee planned programming with our senior residents for the Summer. As the Temporary Activity Program Coordinator, you will plan and facilitate activities 5 days a week with groups of seniors within our community and accompany them on planned outings around the area. Our daily activities are designed around our Whole Brain Fitness model including but not limited to a wide variety of exercise classes, art classes, debate groups, foreign language classes, and book clubs. Your creativity and imagination bring our community to life!
This position plans and coordinates activities and programs that are varied, reflects the interests, values and beliefs of the residents and provides life-enriching opportunities for residents and the community.
- Promotes resident socialization, growth, learning and development by planning and implementing activities in the following categories:
- physical/ exercise
- recreational/ creative
- intellectual/ educational
- service/ volunteering
- special requests of residents
- Researches and develops educational opportunities for both residents and employees
- Conducts, leads and chaperones activities as needed
- Involves residents in planning and implementing programs and activities; remind/ encourage residents to participate in activities
- Plans, coordinates and helps implement decoration of the community for special events, seasons and holidays
- Integrates the family and community in planned programs and activities
- Selects, trains, manages and counsels full and part time Drivers and Concierge staff
- Oversees and maintains the Center for Learning (Computer Resource Center)
- Develop and manage an active group of volunteers to support Activity Programming
- Supervises driver staff.
- Supervises concierge staff as assigned.
- Selects, trains, evaluates and counsels full and part time staff as assigned
- Associate degree in recreational therapy, education or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of increased responsibility in a service related capacity
- Experience in coordinating activities for groups of 15 or more
- Proficient in written and verbal English
- Telephone and PC skills such as Publisher, Microsoft Word, Outlook etc.
- Demonstrated ability in the following areas:
- ability to establish long-term relationships
- Interest in working with the older population
- Understanding of cultural diversity; understanding of needs of aging population
- Ability to work flexible schedule including weekends to support activity programming.
- More than one year of increased responsibility in a service related capacity
- BS degree in related field
- Computer trouble shooting skills, familiarity with entertainment type PC software, office applications, internet, desk top publishing, and video conferencing
- Experience working with older population and in activity planning for older adults