Administrative Assistant - Brentwood, NY
American Electrical Testing (AET) is searching for an experienced Administrative Assistant to work in our Brentwood, NY Office.
This Administrative Assistant will be primarily responsible for providing administrative support to management and field staff. This includes: typing of general correspondence, engineering reports, business proposals. Filling the primary role of small office receptionist and covering incoming telephone calls is vital. Organize, maintain and archive project and company files including tracking and organizing timesheets and expense records is also a priority.
This is a full time, permanent position with benefits. Regular work hours are Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM with 1/2 hour for lunch daily. No overtime is necessary. Only local candidates will be considered.
- Team player who is willing to work with others and can handle varied team roles and workloads.
- Ability to communicate effectively with key management and staff to identify and resolve conflict.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to recognize when workload requires delegation and when seek out and help others manage administrative work.
- Professional experience with Office Suite: Outlook Email, Outlook Calendar, Word, Power Point & Excel.
- Proven Ability to proofread for style and grammar.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proven professional telephone skills.
- Ability to work and communicate well with employees that are located in local office and remote locations (ideally in either a construction or engineering firm).
- Proactive, self-starter that can streamline / improve office efficiency.
- Maintenance of discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information.
AET offers an excellent benefits package, work/ life balance and a small, friendly office environment. Local candidates only.
Company Contact: John Fattore, Staffing Manager