• This position works closely with the business’ Supply Chain team and accountant as well as local management and production employees to manage inventory levels and balance supply/demand and pay for goods/services received.
• The ability to work independently and in a team environment is important.
• Must be able to effectively work with customers, transportation carriers, and other facilities.
• This job has a wide range of responsibilities including scheduling, inventory reconciliation, customer service, transportation logistics, purchasing and vendor payment.
• 50% Forecasting, scheduling and confirming production for the location on a daily, weekly and monthly basis using SAP tools. Scheduling, tracking and receiving the incoming product from other Salt locations via barge, rail and trucks along with shipping product to customers.
• 20% Conduct Accounts Payable activities for location. Create purchase requests, receive goods and services and match purchase orders to invoices for payment. Monitor supplies and order as needed via SAP tools.
• 10% Routine cycle counting of products and maintain finished and unfinished inventory control metrics as necessary.
• 10% Maintain records as required for safety audits, special projects related to safety training, employee benefits, communication continuous improvement etc...
• 10% Serve as site HR Coordinator, assisting employees with HR questions and help guide them to MyHR when needed, submit payroll for location, and other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent and 4+ years related experience in operations, customer service or administrative area.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information
• Advanced computer skills including proficiency in Word and Excel
• Two year Degree and 6+ years related experience in operations, customer service, or administrative area.
• SAP Experience
• Initiative and decision making skills