United Launch Alliance is hiring! We are seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to support our leadership and their teams as assigned at our Cape Canaveral Air Force Station location. The Administrative Assistant must possess High School diploma or GED and administrative experience in order to be considered. We are seeking service oriented candidates for the role who possess a sense of urgency that exudes from every task they complete. If this sounds like the job for you, please read more and apply below.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to their assigned Leader(s). Regular duties include arranging business travel, completion of expense reports, calendar management, maximizing leaders’ time and calendars by anticipating and reconciling schedule conflicts, and performing normal office functions including filing, arranging meetings, and maintaining ingoing and outgoing mail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the leader and the department as directed
- Ability to flex shifts to support launches as needed
- Screen telephone calls and route internal and external calls to the appropriate person and/or department
- Responds to routine telephone requests, and refers calls and visitors to the appropriate staff
- Uses standard desktop software to compose reports, correspondence, and memorandums
- Provides backup support to other administrative assistants at different levels
- Make travel arrangements to include flights, car rental, and hotel for domestic and international travel in support of our travel team for launches as well as for leaders
- Coordinate meetings, including meeting notice, meeting room, visitor forms, badging, parking and catering as needed
- Calendar coordination between sites and time zones
- Maintain schedules, preparing expense reports, prepare Federal Express packages, faxing, scanning, retrieval and sorting of mail
- Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft products including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Knowledge and Skills:
- Setup and prepare WebEx for meetings
- Operate conference room audiovisual equipment
- Basic Excel and Power Point proficiency
- Experience booking travel through online services
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Experience managing multiple priorities, prioritizing, and meeting deadlines
- Must have positive attitude and work effectively in a team environment
Preferred Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare records for retention using the Records Information Management system (RIM)
- Prepare certified mailings if needed
- Prepare and receive FedEx and UPS shipments
- Convenient Work Schedule: ULA operates to a standard work schedule of 9/80 with the alternate Fridays off.
- Employee Incentive Plan: ULA rewards employees for their contributions toward achieving ULA’s annual goals.
- Tuition Assistance: ULA offers financial assistance to employees seeking college and university degrees and jobrelated professional certifications.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Accident & Disability plans that start Day 1.
- Generous paid Vacation and Holiday schedule, and matching 401K Savings plan.
Functional Job Description
Safety to Self and Others: Must be able to perform all assigned tasks in a safe manner. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to repetitive motion injuries due to keyboarding or to cuts and bruises due to typical office accidents.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use computer and office equipment and to use hands to type, manipulate, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close –vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
Mental Functions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate verbally and in writing and use interpersonal skills. The employee is regularly required to prioritize, multitask, analyze, interpret, coordinate, compile, evaluate, synthesize, compute, problem solve, concentrate, and think critically. The employee is occasionally required to copy, instruct, and negotiate.
Judgment and DecisionMaking: Work is regularly assigned by self, supervisor, and departmental staff. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to exercise prudent judgment, decision making, and analytical skills to determine manner and operational steps necessary to properly handle inquiries and perform daily tasks within professional standards. Decision making is guided by ULA policies and procedures.
All tasks described in the job description must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The duties and responsibilities listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of fundamental job duties and responsibilities does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information.)
ULA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
ULA is a participant in the federal EVerify Program.
Posters in PDF format pertaining to this program can be accessed by clicking on the links identified below.
EVerify Participation poster (English | Spanish ) and Right to Work poster (English | Spanish ).
External Additional Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years of administrative experience
- Experience with MS Office tools
- Experience with conference room technologies
- A current valid driver's license
NOTE: As a condition of employment, you must be able to obtain and thereafter maintain a favorable National Agency Check Inquiry (NACI) in accordance with Air Force Instruction 31501 entitled Personnel Security Program Management, or an equivalent approval, so that you have continuous unescorted access to all ULA work locations (including controlled/restricted areas) to preform your assigned work.
External Preferred Qualifications
- AA, AAS or AS Degree in Office/Business Administration or related discipline
- Experience with WebEx
- Experience with Concur
Relocation Available: No