A&S Transportation is a privately owned school bus company and we have grown steadily since our foundation in 1996. We cater to school districts throughout the country, allowing school systems to focus on their educational programs rather than the distractions of transportation management.
We have two Administrative Assistant positions open. One supports our Routing Department in serving our customers. The second supports our Human Resources Department in the processing of payroll and new hires.
Administrative Assistants are responsible for the daily clerical duties of the department to which they report. This includes but is not limited to greeting visitors, answering phones, making copies, filing, scanning paperwork, and frequent computer usage.
Attributes and skills:
Fast paced performer with an ability to thrive in a high-stress environment is key to success. A proven ability to prioritize your work, team focus, desire and willingness to consistently improve, attention to detail, advanced computer skills, and acquire new skills is important. Must have good customer service skills as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Demonstrated skill in the successful completion of multiple, simultaneous and rapidly emergent tasks.
- Ability to read and comprehend.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with peers, outside agencies and all customer segments.
- Ability to coordinate programs, prepare reports and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to anticipate needs and develop a logical plan to meet anticipated needs.
- Multi-task and work with frequent interruptions.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and procedures involved in administrative functions.
- The ability to maintain a confidential workplace is critical.