Under the direction of the Executive Director/VP Finance and Budget (ED/VP), the Administrative Assistant (AA) provides administrative support to the ED/VP in managing the department’s portfolio of initiatives including strategy, results, priorities, goals and opportunities. In addition, the AA is responsible for ensuring the timely submittal of all external reporting requirements.
The AA is a member of a critical cross-departmental Administrative Coordinating Team (ACT), comprised of executive assistants and administrative professionals, whose mission is to improve efficiency and communication across the organization.
OPEN UNTIL FILLEDResponsibilities
- Attends departmental meetings and develops a framework for ensuring that identified results are monitored, tracked and reported on
- Prepares tracking logs of intermediate outcomes and action plans that can be used as milestones
- Follows-up and reports on project progress using quantitative and qualitative measures
- Coordinates departmental communications, meetings and follow-up activities
- Drafts policies and procedures and creates department manuals and training material
- Creates spreadsheets, agendas, minutes, and outcome realization plans
- Develops creative, collaborative and analytical presentations using Prezi and PowerPoint
- Ensures that documents and reports prepared by Finance staff for Board of Directors review or action are submitted in a timely and accurate manner, and are complete and of a high quality
- Assembles agency’s annual Fiscal Year Operating and Capital Budget Book
- Serves as recording secretary for LBT’s Pension Committee
- Coordinates departments intern development program
- Plans, organizes and manages the logistics of department meetings, key performance indicator team meetings and workshops including arranging meeting rooms, and ordering all necessary supplies
- Performs all printing and binding for annual reports and other documents prepared by the Finance and Budget department
- Oversees the file storage and retrieval process for the department
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with LBT management and external agencies
- Complies with all safety regulations as stated in the company safety program, and reports safety-related accidents, incidents, and unsafe work conditions. Attends safety-training programs as required
- Other duties may be assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrating initiative
- Creating a climate of optimism
- Collaborating by working together through idea sharing and problem solving to a accomplish a goal
- Be open to new ideas and continuous improvement
- Positively communicates both orally and in writing
- Excellent grammar, spelling, punctuation and writing skills
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Maintains high degree of confidentiality at all times
- Project management skills necessary to plan, coordinate and ensure proper implementation of all administrative matters related to the functioning of the department
- Outstanding computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Adobe and navigate in web-based environments
- Skillful analytical and problem-solving abilities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics, or other related degrees preferred with work experience in an executive or legal assistant position a plus. Experience may be substituted for education on a case-by-case basis. Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook skills required.
SALARY STRUCTURE Wage BandF - $55,831 to $62,034 yearly (DOQ), with excellent fringe benefits. Position open until filled. Apply online at www.lbtransit.com/jobs Submit resume . UPON REQUEST you will need to submit a current (within last 30 days) H-6 DMV printout.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Successful candidate must pass company physical, drug and alcohol test.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended to be a complete listing of all the job duties required of this position, but to provide information on the general scope of the position.