Job ID: 142261
Lawn & Garden, a Division of Oldcastle Architectural Products, a CRH company, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
This position will perform general administrative duties for the department it is assigned to. Individual will perform routine clerical functions and may support more than one department simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of clerical work involving standardized forms, reports, data, and procedures using established instruction/routines
- Prepare simple forms or reports; sort and files documentation
- Maintain historical records by filing documents
- Read and route incoming mail, prepare outgoing mail and correspondence or other printed materials
- Maintain postage meter and stamp outgoing mail
- Compose and type routine correspondence
- Organize and maintain file systems, and file correspondence and other records
- Answer and screen managers' phone calls, arrange conference calls and meetings, maintain conference room schedule
- Greet visitors and direct to appropriate area or person
- Coordinate and arrange meetings, prepare agendas, reserve and prepare facilities, record and transcribe meeting minutes
- Order and maintain supplies and arrange for equipment maintenance
- Provide support for assigned department (s)
- Develop and grow internal and external customer relationships for the purpose of improving the company's growth
- Conduct research and compile and type statistical reports
- Some A/P & A/R filing and file maintenance
- Update and maintain company phone list
- Maintain supply of promotional printed material, such as brochures, price books, color charts, binders, etc.
- Answer phone calls and support the receptionist as needed
- Assist the Site Manager in the day to day office functions to ensure efficiency
- Assist the Site Manager with Human Resources and Payroll
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma, Associate’s degree preferred, or equivalent of one plus years’ office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of basic office equipment (phone, fax, copier, 10-key)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with employees, peers, supervisors, vendors, and customer is an effective manner
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have problem-solving and reasoning skills
- Ability to perform basic math calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and computing rates and ratios
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables with little or no structure
- Internal and external customer service oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Physical requirements include extended walking, standing, squatting, climbing, and bending
- Ability to lift at least 65 lbs., working inside and outside, and use fall protection equipment
Able to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
Ability to perform sedentary work including prolonged sitting and repetitive use of fingers and hands for typing
- Available to work overtime as necessary
- May be required to work under stressful conditions
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.