Your passion makes the difference!
The Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties team consists of medical professionals, health educators and advocacy and corporate positions all working together to provide the community with high quality health care and education, regardless of personal circumstance or ability to pay. We are looking for passionate individuals that value reproductive rights and who are eager to make positive contributions to the community and our mission.
Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties has an exciting full-time opportunity (4, 10 hour days a week) for a Administrative Medical Assistant Float to travel as assigned to various health centers throughoutOrange County providing administrative medical assistant coverage. Responsibilities include greeting and checking-in patients, preparing and scanning paperwork, determining payer source, collection of fees/receipts and donations, collection of IDs, and answering phones.
Bilingual Spanish Required.
Generous vacation, sick and paid holiday benefits
Comprehensive benefits package; including 401(k) matching contributions up to 8%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must provide excellent customer service in a non-judgmental, empathetic manner
- Responsible for scheduling appointments for family planning including but not limited to contraceptives and abortion services, and will assist and support the clinical staff in these services as well
- Assess client finances including verifying insurance, health plan authorization, Medi-Cal cards, and ensuring completeness of appropriate forms
- Prepare and scan charts, check for completeness, errors, signature, etc.
- Maintain and update patient records in electronic medical records (EMR) system
- Process and scan lab results
- Review and reconcile billing
- Monitor patient flow and wait times
- Collect donations and patient satisfaction surveys
- Must work well in a fast paced, high demand environment (be flexible, calm, and positive)
- A high school diploma or other education plus experience is required
- Must have 1-3 years of continued job experience and healthcare or general receptionist experience
- Must be available to work flexible hours which include weekends (Saturday and/or Sunday) and evenings
- Willingness to travel to our 6 health centers throughout Orange County as needed
- Bilingual speaking skills preferred