Our client at Newark Airport is seeking an Administrative Secretary for an immediate contract position which could lead to a permanent position. The pay range is between$20 and $24 per hour.
Under the direct supervision of the Manager the selected candidate will be responsible for performing secretarial and administrative tasks for management staff. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: preparing and typing reports and drafting correspondence, answering telephones, maintaining the managers calendar; prioritizing manager s mail, maintaining files and follow-up-system; preparing travel and other related documents, paying bills, preparing purchase requisitions and payment requests via SAP. The selected candidate will also back up the Supervising Office Assistant on an as needed basis. A more detailed description of the position will be discussed at the time of the interview.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Applicants must meet all qualifications for Band III titles identified in the Administrative testing Series Bulletin issued on January, 2018.
- Applicants attendance and job performance records will be reviewed in accordance with the organization’s policy. Absences will be evaluated over a rolling 3-year period as of the closing date of this job posting. Candidates must have 3 or fewer sick absence occasions and 11 or fewer sick days in 2 of the last 3 years. Sick absence occasions/days related to IOD s, hospitalization and maternity leave are excluded. All other absences are included. Applicants with four or more sick occasions or 12 or more sick days in two of the last 3 years are not eligible for further consideration for this opportunity.
Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated strong organization and follow up skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of team effort, prioritize work and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated excellent written, oral, interpersonal skills and a customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PC applications (MS Excel, Word, and Outlook) to include demonstrated experience in performing functions such as mail merge and organizing meetings.
- Strong proficiency in the ability to interact effectively with internal staff and external professionals at all levels.
- Knowledge of SAP, PeopleSoft and BEAM.