All Administrative Support/Clerical: Campus for Pay Grades 102-105, Pool 2020-2021
Location: To be determined This Pool Posting consists of opportunities in Administrative Support Pay Grades 102 through 105.
Candidates applying for this Pool Posting will be considered for any of the positions available during SY 2020/2021 for which they qualify (per the information in their application) including:
| Pay Grade 102 - Sample Campus Positions || Duty Days || Annual Range ($s) |
|Office Assistant IIc – ALT/SP/SIP ||183 ||18,487 ||22,697 |
|Office Assistant IIc – ES ||183 ||18,487 ||22,697 |
|Office Assistant IIc – HS ||183 ||18,487 ||22,697 |
|Office Assistant IIc – MS ||183 ||18,487 ||22,697 |
|Office Assistant IIc – Special Education ||210 ||21,214 ||26,046 |
| Pay Grade 103 - Sample Campus Positions || Duty Days || Annual Range ($s) |
|Admin Associate Ic – College & Career Readiness ||187 ||23,422 ||28,764 |
|Admin Associate Ic – College & Career Readiness ||215 ||26,928 ||33,071 |
|Admin Associate Ic – MS Counseling Clerk ||188 ||23,547 ||28,918 |
| Pay Grade 104 - Sample Campus Positions || Duty Days || Annual Range ($s) |
|Admin Associate IIc – ALT/SP ||210 ||28.673 ||35,211 |
|Admin Associate IIc – ALT/SP ||215 ||29,356 ||36,049 |
|Admin Associate IIc – ALT/SP ||220 ||30,039 ||36,887 |
|Admin Associate IIc – ES Secretary ||215 ||29,356 ||36,049 |
|Admin Associate IIc – HS Counseling Clerk ||198 ||27,035 ||33,199 |
|Admin Associate IIc – HS Counseling Clerk ||220 ||30,039 ||36,887 |
|Attendance Clerk – ALT/SP ||210 ||28,673 ||35,211 |
|Attendance Clerk – HS ||187 ||25,533 ||31,354 |
|Attendance Clerk – MS ||183 ||24,987 ||30,684 |
| Pay Grade 105 - Sample Campus Positions || Duty Days || Annual Range ($s) |
|Admin Associate IIIc – HS Secretary ||193 ||30,040 ||36,892 |
|Admin Associate IIIc – HS Secretary ||240 ||37,356 ||45,876 |
|Admin Associate IIIc – MS Secretary ||215 ||33,465 ||41,097 |
|Data Clerk – ALT/SP ||198 ||30,819 ||37,848 |
|Data Clerk – ALT/SP ||215 ||33,465 ||41,097 |
|Data Clerk – ALT/SP ||220 ||34,243 ||42,053 |
|Data Clerk – HS ||215 ||33,465 ||41,097 |
|Data Clerk – MS ||198 ||30,819 ||37,848 |
|HS Registrar ||240 ||37,356 ||45,876 |
All applicants will be evaluated based on the following: Minimum Required Qualifications
This may be a grant-funded position Position Purpose (by Pay Grade) Pay Grade 102
- Education: Accredited High School diploma, GED, or Texas Certificate of High School Equivalency.
- Certification/License: None.
- Pay Grade 102 – 1 year office receptionist experience receiving visitors via telephone and/or in person, giving instructions, and maintaining confidentiality of files and records.
- Pay Grade 103 – 1 year office receptionist experience receiving visitors via telephone and/or in person, giving instructions, and maintaining confidentiality of files and records; plus additional experience such as typing, filing, scheduling, and processing mail, or other appropriate office work practices or skills.
- Pay Grade 104 – 2 years office experience such as receptionist, receiving visitors via telephone and/or in person, giving instructions, maintaining confidentiality of files and records, plus clerical or secretarial experience.
- Pay Grade 105 – 3 years office experience such as receptionist, receiving visitors via telephone and/or in person, giving instructions, maintaining confidentiality of files and records, clerical or secretarial experience, plus data entry/search skills with Munis and Kronos.
- Language: Bilingual (English/Spanish) working proficiency preferred in some settings.
– Provides receptionist and clerical assistance for staff to ensure efficient operation of the office; receives, sorts, and distributes mail; receives visitors and schedules appointments. Pay Grade 103
– Provides a full range of administrative, secretarial, and clerical support; assists in preparing reports, work orders, and letters, enters digital information including fiscal information; types reports, correspondence and forms; receives, sorts, and distributes mail; receives visitors and schedules appointments; maintains accurate and appropriate student records. Pay Grade 104
– Provides a full range of administrative, secretarial, and clerical support for a counselor or school administrator; assists in preparing reports, work orders, and enters digital information including fiscal information; maintains accurate and appropriate student records; maintains standard office files; initiates general correspondence; coordinates work and priorities among other secretarial and clerical staff, including training; maintains accurate attendance records for the campus. Under close supervision may perform data entry including attendance, Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) data, and grades. Pay Grade 105
– Ensures efficient operation of school administrative office and provides clerical services for the school’s administrative staff; responsible for maintaining student academic records at the campus level under minimal supervision; processes student enrollment, transfers, and withdrawals for the campus; maintains accurate student database in student information systems; processes data accurately, and provides software support for professional and auxiliary staff.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (by Pay Grade) Pay Grade 102
Pay Grade 103
- Performs receptionist, administrative, and/or clerical duties, including working with mail, scheduling meetings, operating office equipment, and maintaining files
- May work with financial records, assist with ordering and receiving supplies, file confidential student records, and work with time and attendance records
– Includes above duties plus the following:
Pay Grade 104–
- Intermediate level skills operating MS Office 365 applications, and network applications.
- Prepares forms, reports and records which may include student records, personnel records, and/or payroll records
- Increased responsibility for records maintenance and management
- May monitor students assistants including training and directing basic activities
- May assist with campus activity planning, and preparation of materials
May include above duties plus the following:
Pay Grade 105–
- Monitors and processes time records, including leave requests and various payroll tasks
- Increased responsibility for communications, scheduling, and records management at the task level and project level
- Increased responsibility for budget preparation, processing orders, receiving orders, and recording expenditures, including inventory of operating supplies and fixed assets
- Monitors work of office secretaries and clerical aides
- May provide direct support to Principal and/or Counselors
- May oversee collection of monies and deposits, including proper accounting and reporting of funds, financial records, and balance statements
- May receive training by Health Services in administering medication and first aid procedures
- Increased responsibility for various types of student data, especially attendance, awards, class schedule changes, and parent communications
May include above duties plus the following:
The following sections pertain to all opportunities in Administrative Support Pay Grades 102 through 105. Safety
- Responsible for preparing campus communications, reports, and instructional materials as requested
- Maintains teacher attendance log, substitute records, and oversees time records and leave requests for campus staff for submittal to central office by established deadlines
- Maintains school calendar of events
- Notifies parents of student illnesses in nurse's absence
- Increased responsibility for student data including graduate data, leaver data, PEIMS reporting, grades, and data for teacher/student scheduling
- May prepare for opening of school and semester materials
- May train campus-based staff in accessing data via software systems and provide initial technical support for software and office equipment
- May calculate student grade point average, class rank, and honor rolls, as well as assist counselors with student enrollment, withdrawal and transfers
- May have increased responsibility for all internal finance funds/records, including daily deposits, preparing checks from internal accounts, overseeing fund-raiser activities, collecting fines and fees, and all records maintenance
Personal Work Relationships
- Performs preventive maintenance on tools and equipment and ensures equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follows established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting and climbing; operates tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Corrects unsafe conditions in work area and promptly reports any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
Other Duties as Assigned
- All Fort Worth ISD employees must maintain a commitment to the District’s mission, vision, and strategic goals.
- Exhibits high professionalism, standards of conduct and work ethic.
- Demonstrates high quality customer service; builds rapport/relationship with the consumer.
- Demonstrates cultural competence in interactions with others; is respectful of co-workers; communicates and acts as a team player; promotes teamwork. Responds and acts appropriately in confrontational situations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Performs all job related duties as assigned and in accordance to the Board rules, policies and regulations. All employees are expected to comply with lawful directives in rare situations driven by need where a team effort is required.
- Knowledge of office procedures and of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of records administration and maintenance techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of inventory control principles and methods.
- Knowledge of using MUNIS software in a school administration environment.
- Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Skill in data entry with minimal errors.
- Skill at the intermediate level, working with Focus, Microsoft Office 365, especially Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Skill in performing mathematical calculations with accuracy.
- Skill in editing documents for correct grammar.
- Skill in talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Skill in actively looking for ways to help people.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Skill in interpersonal relationships, including using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Ability to maintain confidential student records.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
- Ability to maintain records of materials, supplies, time, and work performed.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet close deadlines.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to review work for accuracy.
- Ability to use software to create spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work, including maintaining attention to details and quality.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written forms.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical & Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
- Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment, including computer and peripherals.
- Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional stooping, squatting, kneeling, bending, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
- Motion: Frequent repetitive hand motions, including keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching.
- Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds).
- Environment: Works in an office setting; may require occasional irregular and/or prolonged hours.
- Attendance: Regular and punctual attendance at the worksite is required for this position.
- Mental Demands: Maintains emotional control under stress; works with frequent interruptions.
Note: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities.