Position SummaryCompany Overview:
At Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada (CCCN) a distinguished team of doctors, researchers, nurses and healthcare professionals have provided patients with groundbreaking treatments on the healing edge of medicine since 1974. Our team is dedicated to providing the most effective treatments, both existing and emerging, in order to diagnose and successfully treat cancer and blood disorders. Our pharmacists are specially trained in cancer treatment, and their expertise allows them to work with oncology physicians and nurses to address complex therapies in an outpatient setting, rather than in hospitals. CCCN’s pharmacy services in Nevada also include patient education and consultations with our oncology certified pharmacists.
Comprehensive Cancer Centers of Nevada is seeking an Admixture Technician Float to join us in the Las Vegas, NV metropolitan area. The Admixture Technician prepares medication, monitors inventory and maintains accurate records under supervision of a registered pharmacist and would likely float between multiple locations. In this role, you will work in a fast paced practice admixture room within a thriving health care organization.
The essential functions for the Admixture Technician Float include the following:
- Assists with the preparation of medication orders by compounding or admixing medications under the supervision of a physician
- Calculates correct dosage volumes, converting them between metric and apothecary equivalents
- Under direct supervision, admixes IV Chemotherapy and other IV drugs as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner and preparing all drugs within OSHA guidelines using proper aseptic technique
- Assists in cleaning hoods daily and monitoring drugs for outdates
- Maintains proper control documentation of medications including lot numbers
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) year practical on the job IV experience highly preferred
- One (1) year recent experience in IV Admixture
- Experience in oncology or hospital environment preferred
- Certified Pharmacy Technician certificate
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We’d Love to Hear from You!
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. In addition to a great career opportunity, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer. To apply please click on the Apply Now link.
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.