FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer to assist in our customer service division (service, upgrades and maintenance). Our customers’ are located in North America (US and Canada).
The successful applicant will provide a high level of technical support to external customers while working under minimal supervision. The focus will be to provide on-site installation, validation and commissioning of new or upgraded material handling equipment as well as diagnosing and repairing existing equipment in the field. The position will also require the ability to train users of our equipment on basic functionality of the system, as well as the ability to provide remote support from our facility. The position will also include duties related to service coordination, customer support and cross-functional team member support.
• Provide on-site installation, validation and commissioning of equipment - Allen Bradley experience a plus.
• Perform hands-on on-site troubleshooting, service and repairs
• Provide high level technical support to external customers at their location
• Provide on-site training to the customers
• Interface with cross functional work teams such as field applications, customer support/services, product management, manufacturing and marketing/sales
• Develop Service technical documentation
• Create and maintain service information in the company SAP database
• Timely and professionally handle field service calls and issues arising from the field service visits
• Timely completion of required paperwork
• Communicate with the customer to ensure satisfaction and implement any necessary corrective actions
• Misc. other duties commensurate with the capabilities of a Field Service Engineer
• Associates degree or equivalent technical qualifications in electrical/ mechanical engineering preferred.
• Experience in service and maintenance industrial or technical equipment.
• Working knowledge of MS Office, Excel
• Working knowledge and ability to test and troubleshoot various technical equipment
Limited travel: Approximately 25%-30% within North America (US and Canada)