As Program Manager within the Enterprise Information Management (EIM) group, you will interact with data engineers, data scientists, data architects, scrum masters, product owners, EIM leadership and the Chief Data Officer to ensure customers' expectations are being met consistently, to communicate effectively with stakeholders, including senior executives, and to continuously improve the EIM organization from top to bottom.
EIM products and services include requests for data, reports, dashboards, advanced analytics, self-service analytics tools and data-centered software tools, all sourced from EIM's big data lake and developed by 20 EIM scrum teams. Services are requested and consumed by other business units at the headquarters and throughout the 16 state Health Plans.
The Program Manager routinely interacts with senior executives and delivers concise, clear communications while bearing in mind all the details that might be requested. The Program Manager reports to the Continuous Improvement Lead/Chief of Staff to the CDO. Day-to-day activities vary widely, but often center around 4 essential functions.
location: Long Beach, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
o Support EIM tower leaders, managers and teams by facilitating and coordinating cross-department and enterprise activities that contribute toward improved communication, alignment, performance and operational efficiency
o Lead organizational transformation and optimization initiatives and as-needed corrective action plans that support departmental and enterprise strategic goals
o Operate in a consultative capacity based primarily on influence and relationship building
o Determine the metrics and KPI that will reflect that improvements are working and put those measurements in place
o Be self-directed and comfortable in ambiguity, taking minimal direction in achieving goals
Ensure Successful Delivery of the Portfolio:
o Independently drive activities leveraging business and systems analysis, and project/program management acumen
o Stay connected to the scrum teams to ensure successful delivery of products and services that meet client expectations
o Conduct quick strikes to assist agile teams to deliver as needed: get in, assess, advise, get out
o Lead data lake construction projects (Hadoop, Hive, Scoop, Cloudera, Atttunity, Talend, AtScale)
C raft and Deliver Highly Effective Verbal and Written Communications :
o C-suite presentations
o Process flows
o Town hall and manager meeting facilitation
o Concise, informative emails
Coach Agile Teams:
o Coach new scrum teams, beginning with introductory trainings
o Observe existing scrum and Kanban teams, identify opportunities to optimize, improve and collaborate; measure progress and course correct as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong consultative, customer-focused skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (with all groups and levels across an organization)
- Strong experience developing and delivering presentations to disparate stakeholder groups and executives
- Consensus-based team building (e.g. get results without direct oversight/authority)
- Self-directed and capable, but comfortable with taking direction
- Able to manage multiple activities/deliverables simultaneously
- Strong discovery, analysis, synthesis, organizational and problem solving skills
- Adaptability: priorities can shift like a frightened school of fish
skills: Technical and Analytical Skills:
- Business transformation and process orientation
- Organizational governance experience, preferably at the senior stakeholder level (e.g. standards, data, decisioning, etc.)
- Project and program management, with familiarity in agile methodologies and/or tools (e.g. Rally, JIRA)
- Background in technical projects like software application development, systems implementations, data management, architecture, etc.
- Strong Microsoft application skills - Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint
- Healthcare experience, managed care preferred
- Application development, data management and/or technical architecture
- Project management
- Process design
- Big data
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.