Agile Project Manager - Team Leader
- Job Label:
You are an experienced project manager looking for a challenging opportunity. You have a strong foundation in Agile best practices and you seek an opportunity that will allow you to grow while having a chance to build and shape a team’s project management capabilities. At Panduit, in Tinley Park, IL, we seek to empower a new project manager to drive our project process forward. As our project manager you will manage customer relationships in a high-growth, exciting business unit. This position is at a team lead level and you will be involved both operationally and strategically; making process improvements and providing guidance for how our project management can achieve better product results. This is an opportunity for a leader. Your communication skills and ability to influence will constantly be at play both with internal and external stakeholders. This is a chance to have a tangible impact on the future of our business while interfacing with senior-level business leaders in a strategic way. Apply today!
Plans, implements, monitors, and delivers short-term project(s) which have a beginning, an end, and specified deliverables. Works with internal and/or external clients and the project team. Helps ensure all projects are completed on-time, within scope and budget.
Implement the Project
- Monitors the progress of the project using the appropriate tools and project management techniques and make changes as necessary.
- Establishes a communication schedule to update stakeholders and management in the organization on the progress of the project.
- Reviews the quality of work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure it meets the project standards.
- Ensures that all project information is appropriately documented and secured and available for review.
Plan the Project
- Helps define the scope and objective of the project using direction provided by stakeholders.
- Confirms the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- Creates a project plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
Control the Project
- Reports on the project and project expense for management and finance.
- Monitors and may approve budgeted project expenditures.
- Ensures financial records for project are maintained.
Staff the Project
- Helps ensure resource availability and allocation throughout project.
- Assists with recruiting, interviewing, subcontract management, and selecting staff and/or cross-functional team members with appropriate skills and technical subject matter knowledge for the project activities.
Evaluate the Project
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluates the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
- Performs risk management to minimize project risks and escalates to management as needed.
You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years of experience as a project manager
- Experience in a customer facing or high-level business leader facing role
- Team leadership ability/experience is a must
- a demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders, and
- a demonstrated ability to coordinate complex projects.
- Strong expertise with Agile Methodology
- Ability to provide best practice and strategic advice on process improvements
- Outcome focused
- Manufacturing or Industrial Ethernet/networking experience is a plus but not required
- Communication skills are critical
- Verbal and written
- Ability to influence high-level business leaders
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- PMP or related certification is a plus
Panduit Corp. provides equal opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Since 1955, Panduit has offered end-to-end industrial, electrical, and network infrastructure solutions that deliver best-in-class network performance with superior quality, operational efficiency, and easy installation. Innovative infrastructure offerings from Panduit – from the known and trusted network cables to design plans that maximize data center investment – affect day-to-day operations and profitability, and become the foundation for successful, connected, future-ready businesses. With a robust partner ecosystem, global staff, and unmatched service and support, Panduit is a valuable and trusted advisor and provider, helping companies around the globe solve infrastructure challenges. For more information, visit www.panduit.com.
- Related Keywords:
- agile, project manager, agile project manager, team lead, agile team lead, networking, ethernet, PMP, PMI, industrial ethernet