Northrop Grumman's Manned Aircraft Design Center of Excellence located in Melbourne Florida is seeking a degreed engineer with significant experience in the area of aircraft Environmental Control Systems (ECS). The successful candidate will
provide engineering support to technicians involved in the maintenance and repair of Environmental Control Subsystems on the Joint STARS E-8 aircraft. Respond to requests for engineering investigations, trade studies, product and process improvement initiatives. Perform analyses, provide repair dispositions and design modifications in support of ECS upgrades. ECS subsystems include Cabin and Equipment Pressurization, Air Cycle Machines, Vapor Cycle Machines, Bleed Air, Liquid Cooling, and Crew Oxygen. Successful candidate will also be capable of supporting similar efforts on mechanical or propulsion related systems. Interface with internal and external technical counterparts during investigation and final response.
Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited universitywith a minimum of5 years' experiencein the aircraft industry including Environmental Control Systems or Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) disciplinefrom an accredited university with a minimum of 3 years' experience the aircraft industry including Environmental Control Systems.
Abilityto interpret component detail drawings, specifications, installation drawings, and test procedures.
Experience with basic thermal analysis.
- Basic qualifications plus design and analysis of aircraft air-cycle system; knowledge of vapor cycle systems; understanding of engine bleed air systems;
- Knowledge of ECS components (valves, heat exchangers); liquid cooling systems, as well as ram air and bleed air ducting and associated heat exchangers for fuel/thermal management.
- Basic familiarity with design, performance, and troubleshooting of mechanical/electromechanical control systems, power plant systems, pneumatic systems, and/or hydraulic systems.
- Familiarity with Boeing 707 or similar large aircraft a plus.
- Fluent in 3D design and modeling using CATIA V5, NX, or equivalent also a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.