Title: Algorithm Developer
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Duration: 12+ month contract
Air and Missile Defense System
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Conduct or participate in the research, design, development, and integration of Air and Missile Defense (AMD) related software models and algorithms.
- Responsibilities also include enhancements, modifications and corrections to existing software.
- Responsible for coding, testing, integrating and documenting software solutions.
- Perform Server administration for physical and virtual servers
- Administer security policies to control virtual access to systems
- Define and develop creative and innovative software architectures and solutions to address emerging challenges in systems-of-systems algorithm integration. Support the development and integration of large-scale algorithms for AMD planning
- Participate in a team environment to design, develop, enhance, and execute planning algorithms in the AMD domain, including providing full life cycle support (requirement analysis, design, implementation, testing, and debugging).
- Apply object-oriented design and development techniques primarily in the C++ programming language
- Develop unit test software through both automated and manual testing techniques to produce algorithm results
- Analyze algorithm results to support verification & validation, regression testing, formal test events, and concept/feasibility studies. Investigate and resolve problems related to performance, consistency, and reliability
- Produce documentation to capture requirements, technical concepts, software design, and user
- Considerable proficiency in Linux administration including Linux configuration, puppet software management, and STIG compliance
- Experience with mission planning